WE ARE AN APPROVED 503 (c) (3) Charitable Foundation

EIN 26-3290073Exempt Private Foundation

ALSO SEE THE FOUNDATION WEB SITE

Donations to the Foundation

Please Visit Our Website Where You Can "Purchase" a Donation From Our Online Store. http://home.mikegotzforsci.org

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Talk To The Hand ?? !!!

Mike and I were sitting watching TV last night and he said, "hey Pop's, I can move my hand!" He was moving his right hand at the wrist, where before it just flopped from there. I watched him move it up and down several times! He could also move his right thumb ever so slightly!!

I waited till today to see it again before I posted this.

He is also now able to sit up on a hard surface with his arms behind his back and support himself. He can balance and not fall over with no help from me for a few minutes.

Red

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you're talking Mike! That's the best news I've heard in a long long time, thanks for making my day buddy, and thanks for getting it posted Jeff, I bet your fingers were dancing typing that in!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I have a smile from ear to ear right now. That is amazing news. We all know Mike is a fighter and this is just one of many positive things to come. Keep working hard Mike. Thinking of you and wishing we could be there more often.

Love to all.
Robin

Anonymous said...

Thats amazing mike! Im smiling from ear to ear just like robin. Thats amazing progress man. Keep it up. I wish i could come down for the golf tournament, but with school its gonna be hard to get that time off. I will make it down as soon as i can once im all done though.

Kevin

Anonymous said...

I AM SOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! GO MIKE!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!
WE LOVE YOU!
KRISTEN AND MICHAEL

Aunt Karen said...

Way to go Mike! I can't express in words happy I am for you -- and in awe of how much you have accomplished in a short time with so many challenges facing you. You are my inspiration! Thanks Jeff for posting this, see you in May -- can't wait to hug you all.
Love to everyone, Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Ray read the blog before I did - and called immediately to tell me. So exciting and indeed, the best news we've heard in a very long time. Mike continues to inspire and surprise us and there are no limits to what he can accomplish - the result of his determined and hard work each and every day. Congratulations Mike - We love you so much - Aunt Nancy

Shannon said...

I teared up as I read that, its just the best news to hear and I am so proud of Mike. No doubt this happened because of his hard work and determination! Keep it up Mike, you are such an inspiration to us all!

Love, Shan

The Connelly's said...

OMG - I have chills running up and down my spine!!! This is absolutely, without a doubt the BEST news I have heard in a VERY VERY long time!!!! Before I start crying - congrats to you Mike for all of your hard work and determination is showing!!! Keep working hard and know that we are ALL here standing behind you!!!!
Lots of love,
Crystal and Randy

JJ's Mommy said...

I LOVEEEEE HIM! XOXO lol thats the best thing I've heard all day!

Anonymous said...

This just made my day (and also brought tears to my eyes)! I am so proud of you Mike, keep up the good work! I can't wait to see you in May! xoxo Bethany