WE ARE AN APPROVED 503 (c) (3) Charitable Foundation

EIN 26-3290073Exempt Private Foundation

ALSO SEE THE FOUNDATION WEB SITE

Donations to the Foundation

Please Visit Our Website Where You Can "Purchase" a Donation From Our Online Store. http://home.mikegotzforsci.org

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mike - Progressing

I was with Mike today for most of the afternoon and he was doing ok.  The Drs say his lung is slowly improving and that he is doing weel when is is trach is not connected to the ventilator.  Its jsu a matter of time now.  Mike was having problems with is dysreflexia caused by the stent and catheter that is still in from his operation 3 weeks ago.  The Drs are going to take that out tomorrow I think and then he should only have to deal with clearing that left lung and then weaning back to talking and eating normally.  They are going to go easy with him, and not push to hard since he has been through so much.  They want to move him along gradually to be sure he keeps moving orward with no backwards steps.

2 comments:

Aunt Nancy said...

Thanks for this update, Jeff - and for being with Mike as he slowly and steadily gets through all of this. I'd forgotten about the catheter - which Mike hates - since the kidney surgery. It sounds like the doctors are doing it right and that Mike will continue being so strong and courageous, little by little - with no steps backward. We are praying each day - and I've passed this message on to the family. Aunt Nancy

Aunt Susan said...

Jeff,
I appreciate your posting Mike's progress when I know how difficult this latest ordeal has been for Mike and you and all of the family. I'm glad the doctors are taking it slowly so that, hopefully, Mike won't have any more setbacks. He has certainly had more than enough to deal with. I hope he continues to improve and we are all praying for his recovery from this. My thoughts are with you all. Please give my love to Mike.
Aunt Susan