WE ARE AN APPROVED 503 (c) (3) Charitable Foundation

EIN 26-3290073Exempt Private Foundation

ALSO SEE THE FOUNDATION WEB SITE

Donations to the Foundation

Please Visit Our Website Where You Can "Purchase" a Donation From Our Online Store. http://home.mikegotzforsci.org

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Todays Update

I saw mike today when I brought down his chair. I also saw both Dr Saxina and Carevella. Mike was doing good but really tired. His numbers looked good too. I talked to the nurse and about the chair and how I get Mike into it but was a little concerned about all the things he is hooked up to and getting all that with him to the chair. I think they are going to wait at least until he gets the feeding tube out.


Dr Sax showed me his xray again today and he said it was a "smidge" better. Frankly it looked noticable better to me, but what do I know I guess. I said he and Caravella are sure he will eventually get over this but it ios just goingto be really slow. The reason is that fluid between his lung and chest wall. It is big enough to interfer with the lung fully expanding but too small to go in from the outside to drain, so it has to take it's course to dicipate.

His feeding tube is coming out of his nose and they are puting in a feeding peg which is a small tube that sticks out of his stomach and they can feed him throug that so the tube in his nose ant throat can come out which will help get rid of the really sore throat he has so he can eat. When that happens, the peg will come out.

So I hope by Friday he will be eating on his own and talking up a storm if everyting goes to plan.

Red

2 comments:

Aunt Nancy said...

Prayers, hugs and love are sent to Mike - slow but steady. Can't wait to see him soon. Love - Aunt Nancy

Kristen and Michael said...

Slow but steady is right. As long as he keeps moving in a positive direction. Love to Mike and thanks for keeping up with the updates Jeff.
Love Kristen and Michael