WE ARE AN APPROVED 503 (c) (3) Charitable Foundation

EIN 26-3290073Exempt Private Foundation

ALSO SEE THE FOUNDATION WEB SITE

Donations to the Foundation

Please Visit Our Website Where You Can "Purchase" a Donation From Our Online Store. http://home.mikegotzforsci.org

Friday, April 15, 2011

Unbelievable

Well I am sorry to have to report that Mike had another setback overnight,  His lung filled again and they had to put him back on the vent.  His lung was drained and he is pretty much back to where he was a couple days ago.  Still, the trach served it's purpose since they could do that without having to intbate him again.  At 6PM last night they were ready to start the swallowing tests and change the trach to the one where he can talk and the next morning, Wham!  Nobody seem sto be able to tell me exactly why the secreations still are happening. 

They took out his stent and cath from his origianl operation yesterday, so at least that is a step forward.

Mike is very conscious and alert now and could use a pick-me-up, so any of you folks who are local that might be able to stop bye over the weekend, i think it would cheer him up.

1 comment:

Aunt Susan said...

This is not the news we expected after the good news yesterday. I wish the docs could explain why this keeps happening. Mike must certainly need a pick me up, and I hope that people can visit with him over the weekend. I only wish we could be there right now. I'm glad that they removed the stent and cath at least. It is so discouraging for Mike and you all with these setbacks. Please know we are thinking of you always and praying for Mike to get better. I hope the weekend brings good news.
Love, Aunt Susan