WE ARE AN APPROVED 503 (c) (3) Charitable Foundation

EIN 26-3290073Exempt Private Foundation

ALSO SEE THE FOUNDATION WEB SITE

Donations to the Foundation

Please Visit Our Website Where You Can "Purchase" a Donation From Our Online Store. http://home.mikegotzforsci.org

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

All Spiffed Up!

I had a great visit with Mike tonight. Shawn Erin and Michelle visited and the Slaght family came down for a visit a a little something extra. We all went out into the "Garden" with Mike tooling along side in his chair. We found some electrcity and Mike proceeded to get a haircut out on the grass in the fresh air and sun. He looks great and was in great spirits. He got just a little tired, but was out for a long time. I got him back to bed when everybody left and had a nice visit with him the last hour. He is very humbled by all the things people are doing for him and he wanted to be sure I thanked you all. I allmost have a van purchased that is customized so that it will accomodate him now as a passenger in his chair in two places and is specially outfittred with a lowered floor so when he is able to drive himself it will accomodate that as well, with just the proper hand controls to be added. He is very excited about that and determined to be behind the wheel eventually.

Thanks again from the family for everyones generousity. I have never seen or heard of a group of people so dedicated to a freind in need. It leaves me speechless.

Red

5 comments:

The Connelly's said...

Red - I am overwhelmed to hear that Mike was able to go outside and get his haircut! Randy and I both wish we could have been there! I am also thrilled to hear that he was in good spirits!! I hope this van works out for you and I sincerely hope that eventually, we will be able to raise enough money to take care of the cost for you!

Gotz, Buddy, you know us! We will do anything for you as you have always done anything for us!! Your friendship throughout the years has made us want to be better friends! Making people aware of your situation and how they can help is the least that we can do! We look forward to growing old in our friendship together! Besides, our kids will need their Uncle to run to when we make them angry :)

We love you so much!
Crystal and Randy

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful and uplifting post! I wish I had been there to see it! I'm glad he finally got away from the TV!!! Love to all-Kim

Anonymous said...

Mike indeed had a wonderful day and evening yesterday. How great was that to spend lots of time, finally, outdoors (Susan had commented this weekend how she would have loved to have been outside on the lovely grounds with Mike had he been feeling a little better). And there will be many more days like this one. Before long - he'll be riding (and driving) in the new van and settling in to his new and improved home! Mike's progress, the successful fundraising, and the home renovation plans make us all proud and happy. Love to all,
Aunt Nancy

Shannon said...

I'm so glad to hear that Mike's spirits are back up, and I bet he is so handsome with his haircut. Kyle just left visiting with him and he said he had a wonderful time as well...

Mikey, we love you so much and just want to do anything to help... these fundraisers are the least that we feel we can do. Just wait until I bring you the newest fundraiser item, you'll love it:)

We will see you soon,
Shannon

JJ's Mommy said...

We are coming to visit tonight! I am so sorry we couldnt come Sunday as orginially planned, JJ and I both ended up in the hospital with an awful virus, throwing up and high temperature! We are all better now and I cannot wait to see you:) You're friend at budweiser sent us a special somethin for ya so I'll be bringing that too:) xoxoxo