WE ARE AN APPROVED 503 (c) (3) Charitable Foundation

EIN 26-3290073Exempt Private Foundation

ALSO SEE THE FOUNDATION WEB SITE

Donations to the Foundation

Please Visit Our Website Where You Can "Purchase" a Donation From Our Online Store. http://home.mikegotzforsci.org

Monday, August 11, 2008

Mike and Gotz Strength!

Erin and I visited Mike last night and things are the same. He's hoping his condition will be under control this week so he can resume his normal physical therapy schedule. He is enjoying the extra space in his hospital room though which means there is plenty of room for visitors! He's missing his buddies as they are a main source of him remaining positive. PLease continue to coordinate visits amongst the group because he needs it! Our mom is back to work this week, and dad has been weening into more of a normal schedule as well, on top of needing to begin work on the house.

The Gotz Strength bracelets are here! I'll be emailing everyone who placed orders with me this evening arranging for you to get them! I also left a few in the closet at the hospital room at the request of some friends. PLease just exchanges the bracelets for the $5 cost. The $$ can be picked up daily as someone from the family will proabably be there at some point each day.

Thansk again for all your support!

-Kim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great visiting MIke this past weekend! He has made so much progress since the last time I saw him 3 weeks ago. I was so impressed!! Keep working hard Mike and you'll be better in no time.

I am glad I was able to bring the bands down as well. It sounds as if the 1,000 we originally ordered won't be enough, which is a very good soon, so I'm sure another order will be made soon. I have already collected some more money since being home as well. We'll send down what we have maybe in a week or so. Anyone in MA who would like to receive a band please feel free to contact me.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Love to all,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Kim,
We were so glad to see everyone this weekend. Mike seemed a bit down but it was good seeing him. The NRH really seemed like a great place, but the sooner he gets out of there the happier he'll be. Hope that stubborn infection clears up quickly so he can get back to the therapy to get him home. Your girls are a joy and they certainly keep everyone's spirits up. Talk to you soon. Love to Mike and you all.
Aunt Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kim! I hope everyone continues to visit Mike regularly. I know everyone has very busy schedules, but even if it is for 5 minutes, it means so much to Mike!!! Robin, Kevin and I are working hard to sell as many wristbands as we can! My dad and I are also working on the architectural plans for Jeff's house and the changes that need to be made for Mike to come home. We will have those plans to Jeff asap!!
love to you all!
kristen

Anonymous said...

Kim, I heard how much the Scott family enjoyed visiting with Mike this past weekend - and that, in spite of his persistent infection - that he continues to make real progress. Ray and I will be part of the next round of visitors - I agree that is one of the MOST important parts of his rehabilitation in keeping up his spirits. It was also good to hear what a wonderful place the National Rehabilitation Hospital is. But it isn't home - and home is not far away. How wonderful that family and friends are working together to make that home perfect for Mike. And the wristbands are obviously a very huge hit.

We will be seeing everybody this weekend - let us know if there is anything we can do in the meantime.

Love to all, Aunt Nancy & Uncle Ray