WE ARE AN APPROVED 503 (c) (3) Charitable Foundation

EIN 26-3290073Exempt Private Foundation

ALSO SEE THE FOUNDATION WEB SITE

Donations to the Foundation

Please Visit Our Website Where You Can "Purchase" a Donation From Our Online Store. http://home.mikegotzforsci.org

Friday, August 15, 2008

Mike Has Wheels!

Well, one major task out of the way. I picked up a new van yesterday to accomdate Mike. It Is already built for his current and future capabilities. For instance, I feel certain Mike will be able to drive at some point in the future. In order for him to be able to do that from his wheelchair, the van must have a lowered floor. This Van has a lowered floor. There is already space for the lift and him and his chair. The lif will be installed in aboiut 10 days. He will be able to sit in the middle of the van or where the passenger seat is. It is removable as is the drivers seat for when he can drive. There are two captains chairs in the back and a bench seat as well so lots of freinds can cruise with him. The bech seat turns into a bed by pushing a button, so if he gets tired he can lay down. He has a wireless stereo system back there so he can listen to tunes or watch a dvd on the 17 inch screen without bothering other people.

Mike is really excited ab0ut it! I am going to drive it down tomorrow so he can come out and see it.

He is already setting goals for driving and will be working hard to get to that point.

Red

9 comments:

Shannon said...

YAY this is wonderful news, I can't wait to see the new wheels, and I have no doubt in my mind that Mike will be driving us around in no time:)

Mikey, I'm coming to see you tomorrow morning, no husband in tow, miss you and can't wait to see your new hair!!!

The Connelly's said...

This is GREAT news!!! It sounds like a pimp-mobile as well!!! Just perfect for Gotz!!! Can't wait to see it!!!

Gotz - Mom, Dad, Randy and I will be there to see you first thing tomorrow AM!! Can't wait to see your new haircut and hear your laugh!!!

Much love,
Crystal

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!! Can't wait to see MIke cruisn' around! We were so glad to see you last weekend. I wish I could be there everyday...
Keep going strong with that physical therapy...we'll be back to visit soon. Michael and I send our love.
Love, Kristen and Michael

JJ's Mommy said...

I cannot seriously wait for the day when I hear you rollin up in that van LOL IT'S GOING TO BE GREAT! Shannon, Jay and I will see you in the morning lol :)

Anonymous said...

This week has been a good week. Michael getting outdoors for a haircut and fresh air, spirits high, continued progress with rehab and now - the VAN! It sounds like a truly awesome set of wheels for now and the future - wait until Mike sees it tomorrow. We heard from Uncle Tommy, Aunt Susan and cousins Kristen, Robin and Kevin just how great it was o see Mike , and now it is our turn -Uncle Ray and I will be visiting this weekend and can't wait to see Mike (and the van). We'll be around through Monday. Love to all, Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

This is great news for sure! I know Mike will be crusin around town in no time staying clear of girls on foot because, as he told Yves and I, "they are too you, no girl of age around here walks!" LOL...either way, he will be showing off his skills behind the wheel. I can't wait to hitch a ride with him! Keep up the good work and we hope to see you soon!

Lots of Love,
Robin & Yves

Anonymous said...

Hi Everyone,
Great news about the VAN. Mike will be so happy when he sees it! All positive news this week and it will continue until Mike is behind the wheel! Sounds like he has a full weekend of visitors too. The plans for renovations to the house are ready too, with a couple of questions/suggestions for Jeff to approve. Love to all.
Aunt Susan and Uncle Tommy

Shannon said...

The van is TIGHT! Mikey, I seriously can't wait for you to be driving us around in that thing, its def P I M P.

You looked amazing this weekend and I am so glad to hear the infection is pretty much gone. You are such a fighter, love u.

The Connelly's said...

The van is beautiful!! Gotz will be crusin around town before we know it! And we can't wait to take a trip to Myrtle in that thing!! Good times ahead for sure!!
Gotz - It was great to see you this weekend in such wonderful spirits! And to see you out and about in your chair made my heart melt! Keep up the hard work buddy - you'll be back to normal before you know it!!!
All our love,
Crystal and Randy

Nancy - It was great seeing you guys this weekend as well! I hope you have a very safe flight back home and I look forward to seeing you again soon!!!
Much love,
Crystal